Asylum is legal protection provided to the people who have left their own country in search of safety and security. These are the people who have left their own country because they fear they might be harmed based on their race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group. Every year many people come to the United States seeking security, but the cases of Asylum are met with skepticism, as it is one of the most abused systems by the meritless lawsuits. Thus the team of experts at Law Offices of D Robert Jones PLLC in Dallas, Texas ensures that your case is prepared thoroughly and is well reviewed to give you a better chance of succeeding.
Eligibility criteria for Asylum
The eligibility criteria for Asylum in the US are quite strict. You need to meet all of the following requirements:
- The applicant must be present in the US in case, not they must reach soon in the United States.
- The applicant should be on the verge of becoming a victim of persecution.
- The persecution is based on any of the below-mentioned grounds:
- Political views
- Membership in a particular group
- In some cases, the persecution may be on gender biasness
Denying of Asylum Request
There are a plethora of reasons for which an Asylum application can be rejected. Some of these are:
- The Asylum application wasn’t filed within one year of arrival in the US. In such a case, the case goes into immigration court. The applicant has to assure the immigration judge that the conditions of his country have changed ever since the applicant reached United States.
- The previous application was rejected.
- There is a possibility of the applicant to be relocated to a different country which is deemed safe.
Asylum Application Process
The application process for Asylum is quite complicated and requires extensive documentation, which includes newspaper articles to support persecution, police reports documenting the violence against the applicant and proof of the abuse. The whole process is time-consuming, and the process needs to follow very precisely. The following documents are necessary for the application process:
- Birth certificate or the legitimate form of identification of the foreign national
- If applying with your spouse a valid marriage certificate is a must
- Form I-94 or copy of passport if the applicant is the US
- Three passport photos (strictly white background)
- If applying with children below 21 years of age, the child’s relationship to the applicant and their birth certificate is necessary
- An affidavit from the foreign national delineating the problem that the applicant has encountered in their own country, and it must state the reason why they can’t return
U.S. Asylum Attorney Assistance
No legal process is easy, and when you are non-native of a place, it is even tougher. To ensure that your Asylum application is filed correctly, you must have the support of a reliable immigration firm. Law Offices of D Robert Jones PLLC in Dallas, Texas holds immense experience in dealing with such cases. Our team of experts will guide you through the process to help you comprehend the entire situation and the possibilities to tackle them.
Our team works hard to provide our clients with the best immigration services available. We take care of all the requisite paperwork to reduce the risk of denial. In addition to helping our clients get legal immigration status, we also help them get Employment Authorization, to help them have a better living. We keep our clients well informed about the state of the application and leave no stone unturned to achieve success for them.
If you have been wronged on your home soil and fear for your life, contact us today for Asylum Immigration request acceptance.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY:
– OR –
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to recieve a free and confidential intial consultation.